Thursday, March 18, 2010

Prenatal Checkup - 29 weeks

I had a prenatal checkup today with Dr. Byrkit. My glucose tolerance test from last week came back normal, so I don't have gestational diabetes. She said everything is doing fine with the baby. she thinks that she is head down right now but didn't sound sure. That was before hearing the heartbeat.

Measuring my belly was not as painful this time (as she pressed to find the pubic bone). I think the visits with the chiropractor are helping. He saw me twice this week and wants to see me again next week. I hope soon the tightness in my back will start to get better so I won't have to see him as often, but I'm glad I am getting worked on now. There haven't been any more horrendous struggles and crying while getting out of bed.

We are still working hard on the house to get it ready to sell and looking at papers in Centralia for rentals to check out. We plan to go down there this weekend to take a look at a few. I guess if we're going to dive into this, let's do it. I still worry about the house selling, but there isn't time to take it too slow with Jamie due in 11 weeks. I wish the timing were different but there is no changing it now. Derick is already "laid off" of work already and he's been using that time to get work done around the house. I get stressed out from time to time. The other day I cried in his arms and he told me just to rest and relax, not to put too much stress on me or the baby with a lot of stress. I feel helpless and it is hard to get past the frustration that I know all this needs to be done and don't have the stamina or strength (and sometimes with work, not the time) to help as much as my nesting hormones are trying to get me to. I think I will be relieved when we are moved, I'm off work, and I can just focus on getting my new nest ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment