Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jamie is 18 months old!

I am aware that I gave up on my blog a while back. I don't have any followers anyway, haha! However, Jamie is 18 months old now so I figured I'd post a little journal entry here for myself if no one else reads it.

She runs and plays all day, except for naps. She climbs on the couch, and sometimes over the end table (urgh). She talks, although mostly she is only understandable through the Mommy Filter. She says words that are really closer to babbles but they sound right in the context of the situation. Of course she clearly says "oh no." Less clear but still apparent phrases are "what's that", "get it", "thank you", and "give me that". She also says "doggie."

She still doesn't have much hair, but when I look at her 12 month picture she looks bald compared to now. She won't keep bows or headbands on currently and I have little luck with little hairties either. She will wear a hat and gloves when we go out in the cold, but she won't keep it on when we come inside. She loved playing in our first snow on Monday. It was pretty sparse, but she and Gavin didn't want to come inside.

Her big brother Gavin adores her, but he can be pretty rough and tumble sometimes with her. Gentle and sometimes quite sharp reminders manage that, however. She can almost give as good as she gets nowadays, too. She is in love with stuffed animals, particularly Pooh bear and puppies that I found at Family Dollar and a resale shop. She started hugging stuffed animals when she was only about 3 months old though. It's like she interacts best with toys that are human or animal like, whereas Gavin took to video games, blocks and cars. He doesn't want to let go of his stuffed animals either, but he never played with them as much as she does her stuffed doggie.

She started sucking her thumb when she was about 3 months old and has loved it ever since. I love that we never had to keep track of a pacifier and she always has something to self soothe herself. She has slept in her crib since about 3 weeks after she was born and we rarely ever rocked her to sleep even as a newborn. She has been such an easy baby to take care of. She's had a few cranky days in the last couple months, but that is to be expected with getting the 1st molars that are now well in place now, and her uncertainty about whether it is time to give up a nap. I thought she would give up a nap a while back but after a pattern of one nap a day for about a week she went back to needing both of her naps. It is good though, because it gives mommy time to relax without constantly having to watch her for part of the day, at least.

All in all, she is a happy little baby. There is nothing better than coming back to her when she has been watched by her aunt and cousins. She runs to me to be picked up with so much love in her eyes and so much happiness to see me. She has a little bit of separation anxiety when I leave her, but she apparently adjusts pretty quickly and she is getting better as she grows older.

Her big brother Gavin is in kindergarten this year. He is learning so much everyday. He can now write his entire name, alphabet and numbers 1-2 with no effort and he is starting to read short words very well. I know he feels some worry sometimes since he is not the baby anymore but he agrees that it is better having a baby sister than when we just had him. He can't wait for her to get bigger and be able to do the same things he does. She definitely missed him when he goes to school, too and is happy when we go to get him unless she has some other thing bothering her.

Daddy adores Jamie. She is growing too fast for both of us. Sometimes I wish we could start trying to have another baby, even though I know that we are already under enough pressure to stay financially stable in this suffering economy. So meanwhile, unless things change while I still have the interest in another child, I just do my best to soak up all the memories there are with the two I have.

It has been nice writing again. I will try to write some more in a few days or a week, maybe. Thanks.

Oh and I wanted to share this link for whoever might stumble upon my blog accidentally. I really want a pair of these things!

http://theknittingmaniac.blogspot.com/2011/11/free-budgie-bloomers-knitting-pattern.html?commentPage=2

And lastly, a few pictures of the little nugget.



















No comments:

Post a Comment