Wednesday, January 4, 2012

There is not much to add to this journal right now, that I can think of with my brain-dead mommy mind. Jamie is growing like a weed. She is talking more and more. She can say "auntie," "Genny," "I don't know," and "thingy." We went to my mom and sister's apartment last weekend. I am still exhausted from the trip but it was refreshing to spend some time with some family. My brother Jarrod, wife, and kids, were supposed to come down as well but my nephew Lochlan was acting sick with a fever and a little throwing up, so they were unable to come. Jarrod didn't want to get sick since he had to travel soon on an airplane for his work.

While away we did discover that Jamie loves to push around baby strollers, and that I still love to play with Barbie dolls. Gavin took along a few video games at the request of his cousin Kaileia and the three big kids (including Lochlan) played them throughout the weekend. Otherwise we didn't do much the whole time. We mostly stayed in the apartment, and I came home on Monday.  I am glad we are finally back to our normal daily routine after the long Winter break and days off for the holidays. It has been exhausting having Gavin home through the last 2 weeks because of him being sick, then skipping school days where there would be only Christmas activities (we don't participate, being Jehovah's Witnesses), and then school closings for break. He needs the time with other kids his age and I need the quiet time around the house, such as that is with Jamie here still. She takes naps still, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment