I copied and pasted my comment from the JustMommies message boards:
So last time I asked my DH what he thought about the baby's name he said that he wasn't ready yet to decide and didn't feel like her having a name so far before she was actually here. So I have just called her Jamie (having been 90% sure that was what we were deciding on anyway since that was the only real one we agreed on) and kept in mind my favorites for the middle name.
So last night my sister in law was curious about if we had decided yet. They had suggested Jean because it is both my MIL and my Mom's middle name. But I never warmed up to the sound of it. It's just not what I was looking for. My son's name is Gavin Gabriel and while the alliteration of Jamie Jean sounded nice to go alongside that, it just wasn't something I wanted her being called her whole life and I think that people would call her Jamie Jean. So ages back, before we even were pregnant, I had been looking over baby names with a friend and come across Addison. DH liked it then but he had never said anything since that day.
Last night when my sister in law asked and we had already discounted Jean because Derick didn't like it either, I just said that my husband wouldn't discuss it and that's why we hadn't decided yet. He finally spoke up and said, "I thought it was Addison." My mom said, "Oh I really like that" and replies from my SIL were favorable as well. So I said, "Fine, Jamie Addison it is. There we go."
In addition to deciding the girl's middle name, I also got all kinds of hand-me-downs from my sister in law last night. Suffice it to say that she will not need any more onesies or little dresses in 0-3 or 3-6 months. I can't think of what she is actually in need of clothes-wise. I'm still bound to get more, though, and she just won't get to wear everything so I will have to only put her in stuff I like a lot. My sister in law also gave me one of those car seat head support things and a changing table pad, another two things I can take off my baby registry at Walmart.com.
Oh, let's see. What else was decided last night? We are going to have my sister in law install our laminate flooring for what we were going to pay Lowes. So I need to get all the materials and set up some days for her to work on it. Lowes would probably get it done fastest, but since Derick will be gone to work while it is getting done, I would be more comfortable with her in my house than some guy I don't know, and I know she is more than knowledgeable about how to do the job. And she would love to make the money doing it for me. She said I could get the materials delivered by Lowes cheaply too, so I don't even necessarily have to have Derick with me when I go purchase them.
We have a couch AND a loveseat in our tiny living room right now and we decided to get rid of the couch. It is really nasty looking so it will just get put on the front lawn and if no one takes it before we get it picked up, it will just go to Veolia (the garbage service). Then I can move stuff from the side of the room where the first portion of flooring is going to go down. Of course, that may not be urgent either because we still have to take up the carpet in here and that means every piece of furniture will probably have to be moved 3 or 4 times. Oh well, will try to get things moving as best I can. It feels like the nesting urge has kicked in, because as soon as I get it into my head that I want something done I want it done NOW NOW NOW. Unfortunately I have neither strength nor stamina to get all these things done so quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment