Wow, I haven't posted in a week. If anybody actually read this, I would be in some trouble!
Ok, I'm going to start with most recent news and go backwards.
Today: DH and I went to Lowes and ordered the laminate flooring materials for our living room flooring project including the stuff that goes under the laminate, the round things that go around the perimeter, some nails, and some tape, and some tools to help get the job done. The earliest the new flooring will start to actually get laid is probably Thursday. I don't know when Meghan (sister in law) will have time to get over here and do it. It has to acclimate to the room it is getting installed in for at least 48 hours first, anyway, and Derick will be picking up the materials tomorrow after work.
After Lowes we went to Best Buy and DH got a TV. It is a 32" flat panel, wide screen. It's pretty slick, very clear picture, has inputs that can bring video from our computers I think, and also has a built in DVD player. So then I went ahead and ordered our Netflix disc for the Wii. Now it may be worth it lol.
Saturday (yesterday): My sister in law Meghan came and ripped up our carpet. Yes, today we are wearing shoes all the time and looking at dusty, dirty, ugly brick-patterned linoleum. We also discovered a mold spot on the wall behind where I had a mirror leaning. It was wrapped in a blanket and must have caught some moisture between it the whole time since we put the mirror there, like two years ago. The mirror is fine, but I hope that spot comes off the wall. I will have to try scrubbing it with bleach and what doesn't come off will have to be painted over.
Friday: I thought I would have work but all I had to finish that morning was what I had remaining from Thursday. Apparently the doctor I transcribe worked a 1/2 day on Thursday. I was grateful because if what I GOT was 1/2 of the day's work I was going to be exhausted by Friday evening. We will see what happens this week.
I also spent a lot of time cleaning and starting to move furniture out of the living room for Saturday and asked Meghan to come and tear up the carpet (and I'm paying her for laying the laminate as well).
Thursday: Debate with my boss over whether I could get the work from Thursday done, after we had already seemingly come to an agreement about it on Monday. I have never taken it before and she has sent it to a girl named Julie that doesn't work for her. I had to assure and reassure her that I could handle it and negotiate on the deadlines.
Wednesday: I believe all I did work-wise is the 2nd 1/2 of the work from Tuesday. (You will see while I'm dwelling on this once I describe what happened this Monday.)
I also had my prenatal checkup on Wednesday, February 23 at 25+1 weeks. I asked the doctor in a rush about all the aches, pains, hormones, and fatigue and of course they are all normal. She said I measured right on track for the size of my belly and that she was not going to be concerned if I didn't gain any weight since I started out 70 lbs overweight. She wanted me to limit to 15 lbs of gain, but even if I don't gain any she won't worry. Then my next appointment was set up for March 5 (now they are every 2 weeks). At that appointment I will get my Glucola test done, and Derick will go with me.
Tuesday: In the afternoon sometime I got the usual work I get on Tuesday. I also went and got my teeth cleaned in Blue Mound and Gavin had his teeth "counted." I had to work late that evening but I got the work done.
Monday: I woke to receive a message from my boss stating that she had doubts about my work ethic and she wanted to be reassured before she would continue to let me work for her, basically. I don't really know how much has changed in the actual practicality of how I'm working, except I am going to have to work harder to communicate better, take on the work on Thursdays (doing that Thursday and Friday--he sees a lot more patients Thursdays, too), and volunteer as much as I can to work on Saturdays. I did also discuss with her my plans for when Jamie is here. I plan to work right up until I deliver if I can, if my doctor doesn't tell me for some reason I need to stop. Then I want the six weeks after if need be but will try to come back to work sooner if possible.
******
Well that covers everything.
I should be getting my crib for Jamie soon, too. My sister said she finally managed to get help getting the checks cashed, so she has the money now. She said she would order it at the beginning of this week. If I don't get a message or call from her tomorrow, I will call her Tuesday. If she uses my sister in law Chastity's Amazon account to order it, I could have it by this Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment