Friday, December 18, 2009

16+3 checkup - Another ultrasound?

Apparently since I saw one of my doctor's partners last time and it is his policy to do the anatomy scan earlier, around 17 weeks, than my doctor, who does it around 20, I was set up for an ultrasound today. I'll upload some of the pictures with this post. It went well. The tech said everything as far as the heart ventricles, head size and brain development, and placenta, looked great and said she was measuring about 6 oz right now. I need to check growth charts, but that sounds big to me for just under 17 weeks!

Then I went into the other waiting room and then the doctor saw me. We talked for about 5 minutes maybe and she used the doppler to hear the heartbeat. She had no concerns of any kind but asked the typical questions. I did mention I had eaten donuts and she said no more of those lol. She asked if there was any bleeding, and of course I am doing fine. She asked if I felt any movement yet, sounding doubtful, and I told her about the other night. She said by next appointment I will be feeling her move more often. Four weeks until my next appointment!

Anyway, it was exciting getting to see Jamie again and now I won't see in there until I go back to the 3D/4D place in April at 32 weeks. I am just awestruck every time though.

Outside of pregnancy news, Gavin came down really sick a couple nights ago, throwing up all night. Finally yesterday he didn't vomit after 6 a.m. He just acted sluggish all day yesterday and slept a lot and today he has still stayed on the couch and been lazy too, although he did go out with me to my checkup. He seems to be getting better; I am just waiting for the bug to hit me. My stomach has felt kind of queasy a few times today, but I think it was those donuts mentioned before :P

No comments:

Post a Comment