I decided to start a new post for the most recent news, so anyone that reads this doesn't have to read through my whole history to get to news that is actually current.
I've been so tired and nauseous lately. I feel like a wimp, because I haven't actually thrown up a lot but I'm such a baby about it anyway. I only vomited once a few weeks ago when I had a cold, one that lasted 2 weeks. I had this continuously growing feeling of a burp caught in my throat, from the drainage, and eventually around 2 a.m. I couldn't hold back anymore and all the water and Skittles I had consumed came up. I felt a lot better afterward, at least.
So besides that I thought the nausea was getting better. At some point I did call and ask my doctor for some nausea medication and ended up with Zofran though. It was like a godsend for a few days. Then I discovered that the nurse's recommendation to take a stool softener (Colace) as well was a good one. I've managed to avoid the worst case scenario, however, because I became very sparing of the drug, mainly only taking it in the evening before dinner time when my nausea seems to get the worst. I only got 12 pills for 10 dollars anyway.
Mainly the problem is food aversions. One day something will sound like the only thing I could eat and the next if I catch a whiff of the same food I will gag, like on Saturday when I was at my brother's house and he made macaroni and cheese. I gagged and nearly threw up like 4 times that day and thought I would die. Mom said it is all in my head but my sister in law agreed with me that wasn't the case. I got through the day though and even got my hair colored and eyebrows waxed without a problem. It was a good day because I got to see my sister and her kids as well as Mom and sister in law and her kids.
Sunday morning I started out gaggy again, so I took my Zofran and then 30 minutes later breakfast was done. I ate breakfast and lunch just fine and intended to take my last Zofran around 4:30, before a big party we were going to, my aunt and uncle's 25th wedding anniversary. The rest of the afternoon is somewhat a blur. I managed to take a shower, blow-dry my hair, spend a little time on the computer, and then take about a 20-minute nap that was supposed to be an hour long before I had to get up and get ready for the party.
I totally forgot to take my Zofran with me to the party. However, the food was delicious anyway. I got so lucky. I ate both my mashed potatoes with chicken and noodles and Gavin's too, since he was not interested. I almost gagged near the cake table (weird...) but besides being pretty exhausted I was ok that evening.
My sister-in-law (actually 2 of my sisters in law) suggested I try Unisom and B6 (taken once a day at bedtime) for nausea instead of Zofran, since it was so pricey. I didn't try it until Monday night, but so far it is much better than Zofran! Well, yesterday I was tired all day but I think that was because I took it at 1 a.m. the night before. Last night I took it at 10 p.m. and I haven't been nearly as tired today. I haven't felt nauseous practically at all though. I still don't like foods that I didn't like anyway before I was pregnant (like Great Value chicken nuggets) but I haven't had a hard time keeping my tummy comfy today or thinking about foods that were starting to make me feel gaggy just thinking about them before.
Anyway, on to the best news of ALL! On Saturday, Dec 12 I have an ultrasound at The Ultrasound Zone. It is a gender look in order to find out whether this babe be girl or boy! Today I am 15 weeks and 1 day and the ultrasound is in 3 days. I really hope the child cooperates! I just can't wait until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment